Friday, November 2, 2007

Cashmere cloche complete

This was fast and easy! Made great progress while waiting at the dentist's office for M, and her brother D was busy playing video games. Next thing you know I was saying, voila! The swirling stripes are quite pretty and I'm happy with the effect, not to mention the softness of the knitted fabric. Sorry I couldn't get a model to show the exact depth on a human head, but I'll round up someone sooner or later for one of my FOs. This little hat wil make a great gift, it's already destined for a friend!

Speaking of which, I found a friendly looking little package waiting for me on my front doorstep when I got home this morning. Look what I opened up!

This is Artyarns Supermerino, earmarked for Wicked by Zephyr. 500 yards of sheer beauty in dusty plum! Sigh...can't wait! I ordered from fabulousyarn, based in NY. They have a discount program which I took advantage of, and with our dollar, well, why fight it? It was a great deal!



But first...I must do my best to avert second sock syndrome, and this weekend, I'll begin the mate. That's right, I finished the first one already, and it's as pretty knit up as it was on the skein!

1 comment: