Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I like hats

During my sock craze, I always had to keep the momentum going between mates so that I wouldn't fall to SSS, second sock syndrome, and have a bunch of singles. That would bother me to no end...so I usually went no longer than a week break between first and second sock. Now I'm kind of into hats, in fact, a lot into hats. It feels very good knitting one thing and being done!


I've been enjoying Noro Silk Garden, using Christa Giles' pattern for garter ribbed hat (purchased from Urban Yarns). She used two skeins, but I found it very easy to get away with one. I was most pleased with the fit, so I tried another colour way.


This the colour I'm on now.


Here's another, made last year, from Noro Iro using a spiral rib pattern.


And here's the one I re-knit sans flaps. I just ripped back to remove the ear flaps, and finished with a simple rolled brim. Quite sweet, oui?



The weather is cooperating very nicely for me right now. It's cold, sunny and dry - I just love having so many choices to keep my head warm!

2 comments:

  1. You are the hat momma! Boy, I better get my butt in gear if I'm going to keep up with all your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work :) I found your hats on Ravelry, thanks for linking to my pattern... Neat seeing it done up in various colourways, too!

    ReplyDelete