Sunday, November 4, 2007

Diversions

I was gung-ho to finish the socks. I left the first sock cuff on a scrap of waste yarn, then started to knit the second from the other end of the ball, knitting from the toe up, so that I don't have to worry about running out of yarn. This is what I noticed:

The colour seems to have changed a bit. This gorgeous handpainted wool seems to have more oranges and pinks in this end of the ball, while the first sock, knit from the other end of the ball, had more blues and greens. I'm not sure what to do. What would I do? Cast off the first sock, then start the second from where I left off? Or just carry on? I must stop the sock for now and mull this over.


This was a happy distraction. M and I worked on some painted and stitched paper tidbits for future cardmaking.






She had painted cardstock in a set of colours and textures, cut them up after drying, and then set about adding tissue paper, beads, sequins and simple stitches with embroidery floss. We were very productive (rather, she was, since I was fussing with my sock colours).


Embellishments for cards!








There was a hockey game on Saturday night and I did not want to waste valuable knitting time while sitting in front of the TV (since the sock is on time-out), so I rummaged around in my stash and found a big lovely ball of Colinette point 5 (one skein). I started something new in the second period..


...and I finished it during After Hours HNIC. A beautiful new scarf! 8 stitches. Row 1: k1,yfwd, repeat across row ending with k1. Row 2: k across row, dropping the wraps in between each stitch. I used the whole ball. Love this!

2 comments:

  1. This is the best knitting site ever. So colourful! You must be very good at knitting.

    Very beautiful scarf. What is its destiny?

    I feel bad for the sock.

    Very lovely tags, too. Would M like a contract with daisy designs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, M! Nice tags. Let's make some on the weekend.

    I got three horses magazines for you.

    Hi, Gee Gee! Why is the sock on time-out? I love the scarf, too.

    ReplyDelete