Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cashmere at night

The kids were full of beans today at school and tonight with friends. Whilst they were enjoying the festivities in the classroom, I was cosy by the fire, working on this hat. It's the Cashmere Cloche from HandMaiden, in the Origin colourway. I had bought the yarn intending to make it in a k2p2 ribbing on straights (like Devin's Toque, also by HandMaiden). I thought I would be clever and knit from two balls of yarn to mix it up . After knitting about 5 inches worth, I saw it wasn't blending how I thought it should (it was more like two inches worth, but I kept thinking it would improve, I should give it time). I continued patiently when finally it occurred to me something was most definitely wrong: the purple pooled in the middle and it looked like a big eye staring at me. A sign! Of course I had to mull this over for awhile, consult a few friends for their opinion and make a trip to my LYS just to make sure the staff there felt the same. And they did. So I ripped it out, and began again, this time, in the round. Now, I like how this is turning out. This is the after. I forgot to take a picture of it before I frogged.

It was cold out there tonight but with all my hand knits on I was comfy!
Cashmere, it's a wonderful thing.

1 comment:

  1. I like that hat. It has lots of pink. I think it would really suit me.

    ReplyDelete