Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Past presents

Now that we're waaaay past Christmas, I think I can trot out some of the gifts I was working on this fall! It was a busy time, starting off with knitting washcloths. I used Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton for the beige/white ones, and BSA dyed cottom in Pickle for the other, all neatly tied up with a pretty soap. Quick knit and practical. I used this pattern for the first one



and this pattern for the green.



For more quick, one skein gifts, I whipped off a few hats too. These are both designed by Christa Giles - check her out on ravelry! The first one was a test knit for a new pattern, made with Cascade 220 Paints, and the other two use one of my favourites of hers, the Garter Ribbed Hat, both in Silk Garden. I have made so many, I have the crown decreases memorised pretty well.





I knit up a couple of hats for us to keep. The first is also designed by Christa, called Loose Ladders available on ravelry, this one is knit in Berroco's Ultra Alpaca. The second one below is the Cashmere Ribbed hat (though this one is not cashmere, it's a nice combo of tweedy wools) here. Both hats are being modeled by the giftees.




I thought I would mix it up a bit and knit some fingerless gloves for good measure. The first set is "Design 8" from Jenny Watson's Noro Mini Knits, made with Noro's Cashmere Island. I made some modifications to this one which are noted on my ravelry page. The second set is by Joelle Hoverson, knit in Patons SWS in natural raisin. I love these one skein projects!




Whew, that's it for now, lots more to show later!

No comments:

Post a Comment