Friday, January 9, 2009

And more presents past

Here are the rest of the gifts that went out!

I forgot to take a picture of the finished pair, but you can at least see one of the socks being modeled below, forefront. These were knit in Dream in Colour Smooshy, Black Parade, on 2.5 mm dpns. Superwash merino wool just perfect for socks. Dad loves them.



Marianna's teacher was due with her second baby late December, so I thought a little sweater might be in order. I used Debbie Bliss' Ribbed Baby Jacket for this one, knit with about 3.25 skeins of Mission Falls. Super cute! Like that nice vintage button?



I had been tempted for so long to try Manos del Uruguay's 100% wool in colourway: wildflower, and finally got my chance when I made Michelle a cowl for her birthday. This is Crofter's Cowl, available as a free ravelry download. Another one skein project! Very warm and cheery.



Then for myself - this was the first project I picked up after all the gift knitting was done: Squirrel and Oak mittens. I had started them early fall, then dropped them for a few months in other busyness. Anyhoo, they're all done now and getting lots of use! Knit with Blue Sky Alpacas' sportweight, they are made of baby alpaca in colourways toasted almond and licorice. Total yum. I really wanted to finish them before year end so I could honestly knit in the year 08 on the right hand mitten. That's my Chinese supersition coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment