Friday, October 17, 2008

Resistance is futile

I know I said I was trying to not buy new yarn, distractions and all, but I couldn't help myself. Another weak moment in my day and I came home with some Noro Silk Garden Chunky! Not surprisingly this didn't sit for long before getting knit up into the Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet, from Peony Knits (free pattern).

Knit on a 7 mm circ, less than 24 hours folks!



I saw a store sample here and was immediately captivated by it, not to mention it fit me perfectly! I got a gauge of 13.5 sts/10 cm using this yarn, so I cast on more sts than what the pattern called for.

I cast on 61 sts divided as follows: 10 for left front, 10 for left sleeve, 20 for back, 10 for right sleeve, and 11 for right front.

This means for row 1 (the set-up row), I did this: k2, p8, yo, pm, p1, yo, p9, yo, pm, p1, yo, p19, yo, pm, p1, yo, p9, yo, pm, p1, yo, p8, k2.

I continued raglan increases 14 times which is what it took for the sleeve section to be the circumference of my upper arm (11 inches). The sleeves had 38 sts (each, of course) at the time of making the divide from the body.

On the wrong side rows where you knit all the sts, I knit the yo through the back loop to lessen the eyelet hole which I like but not quite so big. Three skeins were used to make this pretty capelet, I really like it!

1 comment: