Thursday, May 22, 2008

Working through my ravelry queue

Last weekend we had a great trip across the border! The Aldergrove/Lynden crossing worked out well for us. We were all prepared for a long wait: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on 23 CDs. And of course, something for me. Here's what I made over the weekend.



Odessa, from Grumperina (free as a ravelry download). Working from my stash, I used a ball of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed DK. I thought it would be good choice, but the plies sometimes separated and then I got a little confused when I was doing the SSk and YO. I ploughed on, though, since this was all I brought. I had to rip out the first couple of inches two or three times before I got my rhythm and feel for the pattern and yarn. The hat enjoyed some time at the pool and golf course at Semiahmoo.




This was a nice small project that I just barely finished before coming home. The line at the border was almost a little too short (about 30 min)!

At home and only a few hours passed with nothing on the needles, I couldn't stand it. I knew what I was making next. From Leigh Radford's book One Skein, I started the Baby Bolero. Again, working from my stash, I chose another ball of Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton (I have one more ball to use up, please, someone, take it off my hands, I'm ready to move on). This was a quick one alright, and what they said on ravelry is true: the finishing did take longer than the knitting. But it's all so small, it didn't matter much.


This is sweet. Not blocked yet, but it'll be all ready for a newborn baby this summer. For now, Ginger the bunny is enjoying a summer cardi!

No comments:

Post a Comment