Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Koolhaas

Mmmmmm.....Malabrigo merino worsted, the 2nd most popular yarn on ravelry. Finally, I get to use this luscious thing. The colourway is called "little lovely," but when I work this in my hands, it is all raspberries and cream. Total yum. Unfortunately the pictures are nowhere near the true colour.



A couple of days and I'm done.



Koolhaas is written by Jared of brooklyn tweed, where cabling is done every other row. The look is impressive, and made so much easier (and waaaay faster) by cabling without a cable needle. This technique saved me from fiddling with an extra tool. and I felt quite clever each time I did it! I knit this pattern exactly as written (5 mm needle), with four repeats of the chart before starting decreases. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment