Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring loaded runners!

Trying to bring some more colour into my dining room, I thought I would whip up a runner or two (well.....two).

This is a kit from the Cloth Shop, supplied as materials to make the top, and binding. I love cutting and piecing, so when I finally was "in between" projects in the knitting department, I put this together pretty fast. The finishing touches of ironing done while watching hockey, the handsewing of the binding done while watching badminton. This line of fabric contained a panel which is what this runner is built around. Makes for very fast piecing, not to mention almost instant gratification!



I had some leftovers of these chock-a-block full-on colours-and-florals-anyone? fabric combo, blending nicely (and loudly) into my late spring/summer runner. This is a blast which will sing in the dining room. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment