Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stripe Crazy

Crazy Zauberball pair #2 is done, using this beautiful, outrageous yarn (Schoppel Wolle).



Miss M decided she would model the socks wearing my shoes, a la Cookie A.




I do love the striping. Since the colour repeats are so long, there is no pooling whatsoever over the gusset increases. The changes are subtle, and with so many, the effect is extraordinary. Watching the colours emerge keeps one motivated. (Then why did these take me six weeks to knit, I ask? Let me just point out that the sugar maple shawl punctuated my sock journey!)

Noro is the other favourite striping yarn we all know and love for its long colour repeats. This pair was knit with Kureyon Sock, with a side cable to jazz things up. These colour changes are working for me! I love that blue.

i

No comments:

Post a Comment