Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Something from nothing

Rooting around in my plastic buckets of partial skeins and dreaming up ways to use odds and sods is one of my favourite things to do. Scraps are a huge source of inspiration. I can get hours and hours of cheap entertainment.

I pulled out some bits and pieces of sock yarn leftovers, and whipped up this....



the prettiest yoga mat bag I've ever seen.

Comprised of Tofutsies, Koigu, Colinette Jitterbug, Regia by Kaffe Fassett, among others, it is knit according to the Serenity Yoga Mat pattern by Stephannie Roy published in KnitWit. Instead of Mission Falls 1824, I used all sock weight yarns held double, and knit round and round. Stashbust city.



Accessorize, accessorize.

3 comments:

  1. It is awesome Julia! I can't wait to see it in person! The fit looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tres bella! I kept meaning to ask how it turned out - inspiring stash busting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's just gosh-darn gorgeous! I should start yoga-ing again : )

    ReplyDelete