Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bits and bobs

It's a time of restraint, hence, I present a couple more finished projects from leftover yarns. I'm in feel good mode!

From five different yarns comes this wildly scrappy hat using The Boy Hat pattern. Rather jolly looking, I say.



Throughout many winters Kirk has been wearing the hat my mom knit for him years ago. This year, I thought I would give him an option. Of course it's now spring, and it's done, the Marsan Watchcap. I used the extra ball of Dream in Colour Classy (the lighter coloured one) that I had for the Rogue. It's knit up into a sturdy, twisted 1 x 1 ribbed hat with a nice brim for extra ear warmth and interesting decreases for the crown. So he's ready....for next winter.




And this silky little number is from a pretty skein of Malabrigo Silky Merino. Marianna remembered I was quite taken with it on a trip to the LYS, then took her dad back to the store so she could buy it for me for Christmas. Just the sweetest. The pattern is the Darkside Cowl, free on rav. It's an easy pattern with a zigzag look. Used only about two thirds of a skein....so now I have more leftovers to work with, heh heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment