Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer production

Got these made while on holiday. Another pair of Maine Morning Mitts using one skein of Noro Kureyon. These will be a gift!



I surprised myself by making serious headway on the plane with these socks. As you might have guessed, I like using the Foxglove method by Cat Bordhi, putting the increases and decreases on either side of the sole so they look like a traditional sock. I've had this yarn for awhile and I really like the stripes of it. I purposely did not try to match the second sock to save myself a grey hair. Instead I made sure I started deliberately off the colour pattern of the first sock....looks pretty good to me! Another addition to the gift reserve.




I had some Rowanspun Chunky sitting around for awhile, and found this pattern for Super Mittens on ravelry using this yarn. These are for me, I may still embroider around the cuff for some personality. I was thinking oak leaves or acorns, or maybe an argyle design.



I had some Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton asking to be knit up, and found the Single Rib Scarf by Leigh Radford in One Skein. I whipped this up pretty quick, and it went to Red Yarn's little Maeghan.



More coming!

1 comment:

  1. Ah Julia, you are so sweet! Maeghan was super excited to see both the scarf and her name on your blog! You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete