Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Scoop Neck Vest

I had been coveting this for a long time at the yarn shop. Blue Sky Alpacas brushed suri, and alpaca and silk. I must have wished it into being because in May, there was a sale, and the colourway I wanted, in the quantity I wanted, was waiting for me when I got there! I just love it when it's meant to be!



Sylvia Hager's Scoop Neck Vest was a fast and fuzzy knit, very enjoyable and what a treat to knit with these two yarns (held together).



I got gauge using the recommended 5 mm needle. The pattern says to use the same size needle for the ribbed neckline and armholes, but I went down to 4.5 mm since I have learned the hard way many times over to use a smaller size for this kind of thing. I'm very pleased with the result!




This is the first of my vest knitting for the fall. More is being planned! There's always more...

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautiful Julia! I will probably have to make one for myself now...oh well, I'll get over it!

    ReplyDelete