Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Amazing alpaca

A couple of months ago when we were on Whidbey Island, we visited Island Bliss Alpacas Farm. The kids were quite interested, as was I, to see the animals who provide the soft and cozy yarn I love using and wearing.

Here's the farm


and the dudes!



This here is Max



He provided this yarn (hand spun by Tracy and Dina, alpaca farmers)


And this is what I made from it



This is the Train Tracks Hat by Christa Giles. I like this pattern, fun and easy and perfect use for 100 yards of worsted weight. I thought of Max the whole time while knitting. I feel privileged to have met the alpaca who gave me the yarn for this soft and warm hat. He was a pleasant guy, looked very well taken care of, was surrounded by buddies, and did not spit at all.

Thanks Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment