Monday, March 3, 2008

Sew soon



Today I spent a little time with my ball winder and swift. These gadgets play great together. That there on the swift is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock merino. All in anticipation of me finishing off Seastorm sock, well, I haven't made it to the heel, but soon. I just can't cast off without being totally ready for the next sock in line. After winding the whole ball, I wound approximately half back into a second ball - as a toe-up sock knitter I want to use up that yarn. A visual guess at half would likely do, but when pharmacists have access to sensitive scales, well, let's just say these two balls are now within 0.5 g of each other. Perfect.



And to start the ball rolling on yet another endeavour, Bernie and I will be getting re-acquainted. I pressed the fabrics (shown in the last post, all folded up) for the new quilt which will eventually go in our room. This is the first time I have blogged about quilts, I was starting to think I should take the quilt out of the crispy noodle! (just go with it, folks) It's still in me, though, the pressing and cutting has rekindled my interest and will be another distraction from all my woolly work.



Bernie looks pleased.

1 comment:

  1. Bernie does look pleased! Can't wait to see the finished quilt! Did I ever tell you I have a sewing machine...

    ReplyDelete