Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Seastorm coming to an end

Turned the heel, and now I'm on the final stretch!



I really like this colourway. I am following Cat Bordhi's technique for her Foxglove pattern, but I can't handle putting the increases "anywhere I feel like." I wanted to knit a plain toe-up sock with traditional increases on the sides, so I placed the increases at the beginning (LRinc) and end (LLinc) of the sole at the rate of 2 increases per 3 rounds for the arch expansion section, as per Cat. This pair of socks will be going into the gift reserve, designated.


To meet my non-sock knitting project needs, I've cast on for Tomato using Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton in Navy. The colour is so dark, it's not the best project to work on in the evening. The contrasting houndstooth will be in Pickle. The colours remind me of black watch plaid, a favourite of mine. I have a good feeling about this one. Hopefully it will be a quick knit, without any major mistakes! Check out my queue on Ravelry to see what will be after this - I'm crispynoodle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of all your knitting time! You whip off socks so fast! I'm still stalling finishing the pair I started last July!!! I'm looking forward to seeing how Tomato turns out...I've been eyeing that one up!

    ReplyDelete