Thursday, March 13, 2008

Moving along

I'm feeling rather quilty! I got busy cutting half-square triangles from prints and semi-solids.



The main blocks are laid out on the design wall in a pleasing arrangement. I love this part of the process.



Now the star points and background pieces are added to the mix. I could have mixed up the star points with the main square for a scrappy look but that is not what I want for this quilt.



I think this will be the final layout, I'll think about it for awhile before any piecing is done.



So in the meantime, I got these finished.



And managed to do the Fair Isle section of Tomato too. This is the second time I completed this bit - it was my first try at fair isle techniqe (practice for a future project). Although I knew it would pull in a bit while stranding the other yarn behind the working yarn, I didn't realise it would be SO much until I tried it on (this is a top-down sweater). I had allowed some negative ease too, and combined with the fair isle section, ahem, shall we say it was a little uncomfortable across the chest. It has since been fixed with a re-calculation of stitches and a re-knit with increased awareness of holding the other yarn LOOSELY. Now it has some give! I'll be able to breathe.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Tomato looks so pretty!

    I didn't realize that quilting was such a process...wow! Have fun on Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete