Thursday, October 25, 2007

Knits begin!


I'm completely into knitting socks right now, they are so comforting, easy to tote, not to mention the yarn comes in such delectable colours I cannot resist. This yarn is Fleece Artist's Basic Merino Yarn, in the colourway pinata. Totally delish. Unfortunately the yumminess of the colour is not reflected in the picture. The pattern is from Cat Bordhi's book New Pathways for Sock Knitters (Simple Master Coriolis). Going from the toe up!




That's for the mindless knitting times...my current big project is from Debbie Bliss' Out of Town book. I'm making the Classic Cable Sweater in DB alpaca silk aran. This is my second project from her book. I have to really pay attention with this pattern, there are about 15 abbreviations I constantly refer to. I cannot work on this one when I watch TV! I've already messed up once, but I'm not telling you where! The colour is actually a deep cherry red, not fuschia as it came out.


Her (Debbie Bliss) patterns are quite good, I have not encountered any problems with them. The other project I've made from that book is the Flared Cable Jacket which most of you have seen me wear. I made it out of what the pattern called for: Cashmerino Aran, but it has begun to pill with frequent wear. Oh well, I like it so much it does not matter, I'm really enjoying it.













Happy day!