Friday, September 3, 2010

Sarah's Blanket

When the knitters in my department at work learned our colleague's young daughter was ill, we organised ourselves pretty fast.
Well, at least they did....I was out of town at that time. When checking my email, I found out they decided to start a project for the baby girl, a garter squares blanket! Balls of different coloured yarn (Lion Brand Cotton Ease) were being rotated, with each knitter submitting their eight inch square to the community project. I volunteered to put together the whole thing.

I found a few squares ready for me when I got back to work:



and they kept coming! All twenty-five of them. I took them home and gazed fondly at the little group, happy with the cheerful colour.



I thought they might need a good blocking to get them all to uniform size before seaming. My bedroom rug serves its main purpose as blocking surface.



Then I played with them on the dining room table to find a random pleasing arrangement.



This looks like a pretty patchwork quilt - just my kind of thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment