Sunday, January 24, 2010

Canada Red

Handmaiden Fine Yarns hand-dyed some Casbah in a special colour for Urban Yarns: Canada Red. I scooped it as soon as I read the blog post, and felt very cheery and heartened when I saw it, the colour is so rich! I love how it looked in the skein....kind of felt I needed two so I could keep one looking so pristine. How many favourite yarns can a girl have? My first time knitting with Casbah (merino, cashmere, nylon), one skein (355 yards) worked up perfectly (on 4 mm needles) in the form of Traveling Woman, free pattern on ravelry.



This lace scarf/shoulder shawl is very similar to the beloved Ishbel, with stockinette in the first section for speed and warmth, then lace for all-over prettiness. The edging lace pattern is dainty, and blocks out with slighter points than Ishbel. I noticed the points became even less so after I wore it for the day, but I think the resulting shape is a nice change from the more defined triangular shawl. Shawl size after blocking has a wing span of 57 inches, and is 13 inches deep. I had a teeny tiny little ball left over.



I'm into it. Love these Olympic-themed colourways, keep them coming!

Speaking of which, onward to Luscious Lace, still in progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment