Monday, August 17, 2009

Lace Neck Shawls

More lacey goodness.

Ishbel, another excellent charted lace project. Pictured is the small version, but Ysolda's pattern has a large laceweight version too. This purple beauty uses Indigo Moon's handdyed sock yarn "Bordeaux." Yum city.



Using up yarn leftover from socks, Pam Allen's Arrowhead Scarf pattern was a good simple one. The yarn is Duet from A Swell Yarn Shop, where the solid contrasting colour is typically used for the heel and toe (a brilliant idea, I love her colourways, this one is called Army Guy). I thought I could use it for the edging. I'm afraid the lace pattern is a bit lost in the colour changes of the main section, but I had knit too much to frog it back. I guess I could have, but this is a bonus project from an already completed project, why work too hard?

1 comment:

  1. That arrowhead scarf is a seriously gorgeous piece of work - nice yarn choice for the project.

    ReplyDelete