Sunday, September 28, 2008

Juliet

My newest addition to my fall wardrobe: Juliet. (I am slowly but successfully replacing all my store-bought sweaters with my own handmades, except for the golf sweaters, of course, but hey, I think I may try knitting argyle next...)



I had bought some Cascade Ecological Wool for another project in mind, but the gauge would not work. Then I remembered Juliet used a bulky weight, so off I went. Worked on 6.5 mm needles, this was truly a fast and easy knit with no major modifications.



After casting off the sleeves, I worked the garter section for 4.5 inches before beginning the lace. I went into the second skein near the end of the 7th repeat. I completed eight pattern repeats, then went on to four rows of garter stitch, and then cast off purlwise.



Found these fabulous buttons here, the selection was so amazing, it took me an hour in the shop to decide which to choose. I spaced them evenly, and staggered like in the pattern photo for some whimsy. For the closures, I did two stitch I-cord, and sewed them opposite. It's very easy to wear, my new favourite!

No comments:

Post a Comment