Monday, June 16, 2008

More sockies

This is Dream in Colour's sockweight yarn: Australian merino wool, hand dyed in the U.S. One skein of Smooshy has 450 yards on it....I'm liking that a lot! This colour is nice and muted, does not draw attention to itself. It's a quiet, understated, good-looking colourway. Some people consider these values quite important in a sock!



These socks were knit on 2.5 mm metal dpns and cruised along pretty smoothly, no knitting disasters to report.



Knit from the toe up, I used Cat Bordhi's foxglove method where I put the increases on the first stitch (LRinc) and last stitch (LLinc) of the sole every third round until I reached 96 sts total for the arch expansion (I started with 64 sts for midfoot st count). I then used my favourite reinforced heel turn.



I knit for about 3.5 inches up the leg, then thought I would switch to 2x2 ribbing for a completed leg length of about 8 inches or so from the top of the heel flap. I cast off using Elizabeth Zimmermann's sewn bind-off which is my favourite method to finish them off. It never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment