Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tweedy cable hat

After telling anyone who would listen that I was planning on finishing Wicked EVEN though it was going to be too small ie. I was ready to move onto other projects, I could not stand the thought it was not going to fit me, especially because I love the yarn so much.

So...I frogged back to the the armholes, added a couple more increase rounds, and resumed! I'm very pleased with the fit now. So excited, I took time out to do the sleeves, and the pocket. Currently I'm doing the shaping on the body...it's very easy knitting now, but I still have Christmas knitting to do and feel kind of guilty working on this! Besides which, I am waiting for one more skein to arrive for finishing off this bad boy.

So, a little break I will take.



Here's a little cutie cap I whipped up using some leftover Gedifra English Tweed. I used this pattern from the Yarn Harlot (her free pattern on her website), with one modification to make it bigger since my gauge didn't match the pattern's. The pattern is very fun to make, but I still had to block it bigger because all the cables really pulled it in. It's still a bit small, but sure fits this model rather nicely! I wasn't sure if this would suit my intended giftee, so I started these:



This will end up being a New Year's present, but I know will be gratefully received no matter when I finish them.

1 comment: