Monday, February 9, 2009

Block of the Month

One of my favourite yearly projects is a good old-fashioned block of the month from the Cloth Shop. It usually starts in the fall months, where one or two blocks per month are made available, and carries on til spring. A finishing kit in June makes the whole thing come together. I love piecing the quilt slowly, and having a little surprise each month to look forward to. Each monthly package has the pattern and fabrics, and I get to do all the cutting and sewing. This time the pattern is foundation pieced, a method I don't use too often, but am glad to have an opportunity to keep my skills up.

Here's what I have so far. Are these the cheeriest quilt blocks you've ever seen?



(btw, the windows and doors on the houses are supposed to look askew)

No comments:

Post a Comment