Sunday, April 29, 2012

Roman Shades - round one!

I love the trims on all the windows in the house and want to admire them, so roman shades seemed like a good choice of window covering since they can fit within the frame to leave the trim exposed.  Not to mention, they don't use much more fabric than the actual area of the window itself.  I can do this!


I searched around on the internet and found excellent instructions here.  This site was my resource from beginning to end.  I worked on the bedroom windows first since they are small, and would be a good starting point.    


While I love the naturalness of the linen, I thought I could have a little fun with something printed on it.  As you may guess, I called on my friends at Smoking Lily! I love choosing designs with the help of Glenda and Erin at the Main Street shop, we always have lots of fun in the process and I leave inspired, every time.


This time was no exception, here you see the ever-popular gender neutral maple pods making their appearance on the bedroom shades!  We live on a tree lined street and have a couple of maples in our yard, so I thought this was rather befitting.




Since the blinds would mostly be "up," I thought it would be economical to print only the top part that would always show.  I think they turned out great and could not be more pleased with them, I love them! (and so does he).








1 comment: