Sunday, April 29, 2012

Roman Shades - the idea

I've been working on this project for a few months, but I am finally ready to share it!


One day I was thinking about my bedroom windows.  When we renovated our home in 2004 and put in the French doors and outer windows, I had had custom full length curtains sewn for them, made of a lovely crinkly linen/hemp fabric complete with dim-out lining.  I liked them...mostly for the fabric, not so much for the style. 



Then over the last two years I contemplated my family room and kitchen windows.  The family room (below) had a venetian blind which was okay (you can see it here pulled up), but I was ready for a change.   It was only meant to be temporary anyway (from our move here in 1999).  



Also, I felt our recently renovated kitchen (2009) was in need of some soft texture, and the window had nothing on it.  




I got to thinking about all the fabric and lining used for the bedroom curtains, and thought to myself, "Why don't I just cut them up and make roman blinds for the other windows?"  I tossed the idea out to Kirk who is very amenable to my creative pursuits, he merely shrugged and likely wondered why I was even asking him.
So I went for it!


I set to taking them down, then machine washed and hung to dry.
I was excited about my new project!  

No comments:

Post a Comment