Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lace is always lovely, no matter what

She's done! Presenting.....the Luscious Lace Scarf.



Found this patt by knitting pixie on ravelry, which uses a 2 ply cashmere/silk blend, and in the same yardage (400 yds) as my CashSilk Lace. The bonuses were that it used a needle I already own (3.75 mm) and every other row is a rest row...always welcome!

The pattern is easily memorised. This pleases me.

I'm hoping the lace design is not lost in all this gorgeous watery colour.



I know it's an Olympic colourway, but when I look at this, I think of glaciers, snowflakes, and Lake Louise. And without trying too much harder, I also see blue skies, lush foliage and tropical waters.



I was chomping at the bit to make this scarf after a lot of deliberation about which pattern to choose, so excited was I to get my hands started on knitted lace. In my hurry to cast on, I forgot to think about the edging on this scarf. There are no garter edges, just a beautiful wavy-ness that gives way to rolling in on itself on the long sides. After working about six inches into the scarf, I thought about it, but decided I was having too much fun so I just kept on knitting!



It's ever so soft, feathery, light, and was quite satisfying to knit. Took care of my lace needs for now!

Now....how about some cables?

2 comments:

  1. How the heck did you get that done so fast! You are one crazy knitting mama! It's very beautiful...and so is your model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete